- Banking & Commercial
- Business & Transactional
- Excel Title
- Government Advocacy & Economic Development
- Real Estate
- Children in Action Award, the Children, Inc. (2016)
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Life Learning Center, Board of Directors
- Member, Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky, Board of Directors
- Member, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Member, Kentucky Bankers Association Bank Counsel Division
- Former Member, Kentucky Board of Medical License
- Member, Learning Grove Little Children. Big Impact. Capital Campaign
- Co-Chair, Monica Hughes Children’s Fund benefiting Children Inc., Co-chair
- Member, Leadership Kentucky Class of 2003
- Former Member and Chair, Gateway Community and Technical College Nominating Commission
- Former Trustee, Covington Latin Board of Education
- Former Member, Senior Services of Northern Kentucky Board of Directors
- Former Member, Family Services of Greater Cincinnati Board of Directors
- Former Member, Kenton County Library Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Chairman, Kentucky Democratic Party
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- State of Ohio
- J.D., University of Kentucky, 1994
- B.B.A., University of Cincinnati, 1990
Patrick is a DBL Law partner. He practices in the areas of Banking & Commercial, Business & Transactional, Government Advocacy & Economic Development, and Real Estate. He is admitted to practice law in both Kentucky and Ohio, is a licensed Ohio and Indiana Title Insurance Agent, and a Kentucky Title Insurance Agent.
Patrick has successfully represented clients in a variety of matters involving public-private partnerships, banking and public financing, infrastructure development and construction, and healthcare and insurance regulation. Prior to joining DBL Law, Patrick served as legal counsel to the Secretary of the Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet, where he oversaw capital projects, property management, procurement and financial management. In 2011 and 2012 Patrick served as Chief Deputy Attorney General to Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway. As Chief Deputy, Patrick was responsible for daily operations, including criminal and civil investigations and enforcement actions.
Patrick also manages Excel Title Services, LLC, a full service real estate title company and wholly owned subsidiary of DBL Law. Excel Title Services provides a fully array of title related services including title exams, title insurance, escrow and closing services, etc., for both commercial and residential markets.
Recently, Patrick Hughes was appointed to the Board of Directors for the Life Learning Center, a non-profit organization and United Way partner agency, working with multiple community partners to take individuals who demonstrate commitment to stable employment and prepare them for careers through education, training, and life coaching. Patrick also serves on the Board of Directors for Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky, as a member of the Learning Grove Capital Campaign Committee, and on the Board of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce. He is a former member of the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure.
Patrick, his wife Michelle, and their children reside in Covington, KY.
INSIGHTS BY Patrick HUGhes
It is all too easy to toss aside a commercial real estate purchase agreement once signed. However, it is important for the purchaser of commercial real estate to be aware of the terms of the agreement. One of the most critical terms is the deadline by which the purchaser must complete its due diligence for […]
There are many reasons why it is important for a real estate owner and mortgage lender to purchase title insurance. Title insurance protects owners and lenders from hidden hazards resulting from liens, encumbrances and defects in the title to the property. These hidden hazards threaten the investment in the real estate, which oftentimes is substantial. […]
Excel Title Services has begun using eRecording in multiple Ohio counties, including Butler, Clermont, Warren and Hamilton County. eRecording delivers real estate instruments, e.g. deeds, mortgages, etc., electronically to the Recorder, making the recording process faster and more efficient. eRecording saves our clients time and money on document recording and returns, according to Excel Title Services Manager and DBL […]